support for SpamAssassin user_scores_dsn

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Sat Sep 6 15:25:31 IST 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 13:50, Marc Delisle wrote:

>I would have preferred not having to learn procmail (I would have to
>code the lookup and the headers rewriting) and instead rely on
>MailScanner

I didn't make it clear that procmail will only work if your users have
their mail accounts on the machine, which I should have done (I assumed
that because you previously used SA you did this through procmail -
which was clearly wrong).  In my experience a good deal of the spam at
my site is addressed to multiple local recipients (certainly that which
I receive is)

>MailScanner (which maybe could talk to spamd, is this planned)

No, and frankly I doubt it ever will be. MailScanner talks to SA using
SA's API which is the best way to do it.

One further option (involving a little coding) is to configure your MTA
to split messages into one recipient per message (note this has
potential performance implications) and then write a Custom Config
function which pulls the score for the user from your database.  Then
make Required SpamAssassin Score and/or High SpamAssassin Score point to
your function.  I imagine this would be quite simple to do.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.