Spam actions rules precedence

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Fri Sep 5 22:46:33 IST 2003

Say user1 is user1 at biblio.usherb.ca then the following rules match

To: user1 at biblio.usherb.ca     store delete
To: *@biblio.usherb.ca        attachment deliver

>Log says "actions are attachment,store,deliver".  Looks like it added
>them all.  I thought it would have used the first one (store delete).

That would be correct - obviously it can't delete and deliver the same
mail.

>How can I do this?  I am running 4.21-9.

I think Julian recently implemented some way of giving certain rules
precedence, but I can't find it documented in the distribution.  If its
there you'll need the latest version.  (Search the archives for Julians
post).

You will have to consider what happens when a mail arrives that is
destined for user1 and a.n.other.  How the rules resolve in this case.
Theres been some discussion about methods to split messages to achive
one mail per recipient on various MTAs but this might create too much
load.

My personal preference is to educate users on filtering their mailboxes
using the X-MailScanner-SpamScore header.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.