Using Bayesian Engine

mikea mikea at MIKEA.ATH.CX
Fri Sep 5 18:59:01 IST 2003

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 01:46:53PM -0400, Errol Neal wrote:
> Hi again all,
>
> Trying to optimize my "babies" :-)
>
> What are the disadvantages of disabling the "Bayesian" engine? The notes in
> the Advanced Spam Assassin config say that it is a real resource hog.
> Will i notice a difference in the amount of spam that is actually blocked?

You may indeed, though I won't guarantee it. I certainly did -- by
a *MUCH* bigger factor than I had expected.

Which is the bigger resource hog: spam or the spam-filtering machine?
I save a lot of resources for my users by filtering their mail for
them, and they're _ever_ so glad I do.

--
Mike Andrews
mikea at mikea.ath.cx