Sobig.F resurgence

Errol Neal errol.neal at ENHTECH.COM
Fri Sep 5 18:39:25 IST 2003

Yep you are correct. This is done at the rcpt before mail is even queued.
This will save you alot of load and cpu. If you want sendmail to do this,
just disable rbl checks in your  spamassassin.prefs file in your
MailScanner directory.

At 09:27 AM 9/5/2003 -0800, you wrote:
> >Man that's tough! You are rejecting thank you messages?
> >The best way to deal with this stuff is with this:
> >

> >##
> ># enable these for DNS blacklist protection from spam
> >##
> >dnl FEATURE(`dnsbl',`bl.spamcop.net', `"550 Mail from "
>snip
>
>Am I correct in thinking these are strictly sendmail actions and that they
>occur when the smtp server is first contacted, thus saving MS of having to
>do the grunt work?  If so, do you just ignore, or leave blank the RBL
>entries in the MS configuration?
>
>...Kevin
>-------------------
>Kevin Miller                Registered Linux User No: 307357
>CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
>Administrator
>155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
>Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500

Errol Neal, Systems/Network Administrator
eneal at enhtech.com
Enhanced Technologies Inc.
http://www.enhtech.com
703-924-0301 or 800-368-3249