Moving Mail between Scanners

Errol Neal errol.neal at ENHTECH.COM
Fri Sep 5 17:16:27 IST 2003

Already did that. SMTP is shutdown at this point and I am only delivering
messages already queued in /var/spool/mqueue or those going to be queued
there by MailScanner. But that does not deal with the fact that it will
take the server several hours to deliver all of that mail and my clients
being disappointed.

Errol

At 05:08 PM 9/5/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>On Friday 05 September 2003 4:51 pm, Errol Neal wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a MailScanner that is about 13 hrs behind in terms of mail delivery.
> > I need to move part of the queued mail onto another Scanner. What is the
> > best way to do this while taking into consideration the mail already
> > unpacked and probably half processed?
>
>Why not redirect your incoming mail to the other server so it handles the
>load from now on, and leaves the existing one to chug its way through the
>queue without having to deal with anything new?
>
>That way you don't have to work out which mails are half-processed and you
>don't have the overhead of moving the mail files across your network either.
>
>Antony.
>
>--
>
>"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and
>professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones.
>
>It is NOT portable , and it probably never will support anything other than
>AT-harddisks, as that's all I have :-(."
>
>  - Excerpt from posting to comp.os.minix by Linus Torvalds, 25 Aug 1991

Errol Neal, Systems/Network Administrator
eneal at enhtech.com
Enhanced Technologies Inc.
http://www.enhtech.com
703-924-0301 or 800-368-3249