how to set up an RBL

Tim Sailer sailer at BNL.GOV
Fri Sep 5 16:21:45 IST 2003

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 04:14:34PM +0200, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > I have a small RBL and domain, spambites.net. I am making it 'subscription'
> > only, and it will be manually administered, as far as entries. Either
> > a web form, or email submission. Entries will be 'expired' after so many
> > days, depending on why it was entered (SPAM, open relay, etc).
> >
> > So, if any one is serious about this, I've got the framework in place.
>
> > > We all try to fight spam, we all see the spammers comming in, so we only
> > > need a interface to get things in.
> > >
> > > Are there people interested in that idea ?
>
> I am surely interested, please submit me some info offlist.

OK, basic rules, that I'm just tarting to flesh out is:

Don't abuse the system.
Keep a local DNS zone running (to save my connection).

I can add you to the email alias I'm using as a starting point,
so interested parties can bang around ideas. Let me know.

Tim

--
Tim Sailer <sailer at bnl.gov>
Information and Special Technologies Program