No subject

Fri Sep 5 15:59:02 IST 2003

On Friday 05 September 2003 3:50 pm, Mr. Greyhair wrote:

> It is mentioned on the mailscanner website that "MailScanner knows
> about a list of viruses that" ... "fake "From" address". "... up to
> system administrators to keep this list up to date." How does one
> maintain this list (correctly)?

The only way I know is by keeping up to date with the latest virus
definitions and checking which ones forge the sender's address and which ones
don't.

The way things are going at present, you'd be pretty safe assuming a new
email virus does forge the sender's address until you know otherwise :)

Antony.

--

If you want to be happy for an hour, get drunk.
If you want to be happy for a year, get married.