Feature request

S Mohan smohan at VSNL.COM
Fri Sep 5 03:55:54 IST 2003

This feature request culminated from the Sobig virus experience. MS caught
Sobig using filename checks eventhough the scanners were a little late in
coming up with a fix. This sent out notification messages. Even though I did
not get the virus, I got a load of notification messages. I did not want to
turn notification/deliver disinfected message off lest I miss some other
stuff. The ruleset of Silent virus does not apply to filename checks.

It would be great if the ruleset engine can allow usage of other headers.
E.g. Subject and X-MailScanner.

Subject contains "details" and X-Mailscanner contains "found to be infected"
action- do not notify
default notify.

AFAIK, this is not possible currently. Am I right?

Regards
Mohan