Mail log syntax question

Thu Sep 4 22:04:56 IST 2003

On Thursday 04 September 2003 9:31 pm, Steve Douglas wrote:

> I have the following:
>
> Pentium4 1.8mhz

  !?  :)

> In reviewing the mail logs I noticed syntax as noted "did not issue
> MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA."  What does this mean?

Probably means somebody port scanned TCP 25 on your mail server.

This message means a TCP connection was opened but no command was received
from the client.

Antony.

--

Normal people think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Engineers think "if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".