Mail Not Routing, stuck in /var/spool/mqueue.in

Thu Sep 4 15:12:27 IST 2003

Hi!

> >We also do log parsing, and when this is happening we also see MS scanning
> >more mails then come in (number of bytes) so MS is scanning some batches
> >over and over. Or perhaps i am missing something, but normally that
> >ammount should be pretty equal.
>
> Note the PIDs of the mailscanner processes and see if they keep changing.
> You should have "Max Children+1" processes that keep the same PID for long
> periods of time. If they keep changing, then you've got something that is
> crashing MS. But that would also keep producing "Starting" messages.
>
> What virus scanner are you using? Sophossavi by any chance?

I'll have a look on that if its happening again. From what i saw it was a
few that remained stabil, and a couple kept restarting with a new pid.

I am running with f-prot, and upgraded to the new one last night, perhaps
that helped, we'll see.

I'll post as soon as i find something new.

Bye,
Raymond