Mail Not Routing, stuck in /var/spool/mqueue.in

Michael Janssen Janssen at RZ.UNI-FRANKFURT.DE
Thu Sep 4 14:31:16 IST 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:

> Clear, most likely hard to find anyway.... there are several people with
> this problem, i guess you could have a look on one of the boxes :)

Hello Raymond,

you've already send us the output of ps during a bad-performance event.
This ps-output has stated somewhat clearly that you are suffering more
or less sever disk IO problems:

from 108 processes were 23 in "D" state. In case these processes are
longer than a moment in "D" state this is (one part of) your problem.

In case these processes are just for short moment in "D" state, you've
got much to much of them anyway. I don't know how to debug/improve your
disk situation, but this seems to me of more need, than to debug MS ;-)

Is all this "MS performs badly" just a Sobig-F story? Take 20% more
Mails (and dubble Bytes) and the server went slow.

Michael