Small typo in f-prot-autoupdate

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Sep 4 09:23:50 IST 2003

At 06:40 04/09/2003, you wrote:
>i thought the f-prot autoupdate script comes with f-prot software by itslef?
>check-updates.pl???

Their script doesn't do the locking required to ensure that MailScanner
doesn't try to start up f-prot while it is half way through updating. If
MailScanner tried to use f-prot while the update was actually in progress,
there is a chance that it would break and let viruses through. So my script
does the same as theirs but with some locking added to do ths.

>Julian, have you solved the mcp error yet?
>am using SA 2.55 and only PerMsgStatus.pm don't work either by using patch
>or by manually entering it by hand.

Haven't had a chance to get near that yet. MCP isn't ready for mass public
consumption anyway so I'm not too bothered. Also, MCP will still scan text
and HTML sections of messages without the patch.

--
Julian Field