Mail Not Routing, stuck in /var/spool/mqueue.in

Stephen Swaney Steve.Swaney at FSL.com
Thu Sep 4 05:12:58 IST 2003

Stopping spamassassin RBL checks solved the problem here.

in spam.assassin.prefs.conf

        skip_rbl_checks         1

Pyzor, Razoor and DCC all appear to be fine.

It looks like this started around 11:00 AM EDT.

Steve
Steve.Swaney at FSL.com

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 18:10, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > I'm starting to suspect that something besides MailScanner may be the
> > cause of this mysterious problem.
> >
> > We have a new install of MailScanner that has been chugging nicely along
> > since Sunday. All of the sudden between 10 & 11 AM EDT the "New Batch:
> > Found ***** messages waiting" started creeping rapidly up. until it
> > reached about 15,000 around 2:00 PM. I've been closely monitoring this
> > server since Sunday and it's never had more than 200 messages queued
> > before. It's no powerhouse, a 1 GHz Pentium with 512 MB RAM but it was
> > chugging nicely along until today.
>
> I am suspecting this all along, but will be hard for Julian to catch this
> since it seems hard to reproduce at his end.
>
> The strange thing is that i was able to reproduce it with the zip i
> sended Julian on two other boxes also... <snifff>
>
> Bye,
> Raymond

dangerous content by MailScanner and Sophos Anti-Virus at
Fortress Systems.com
and is
believed to be clean.

--