Mailscanner and SpamChecks

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Thu Sep 4 00:00:07 IST 2003

Another question, I noticed that even if Spam Checks is off, the logs
still say spam checks.  I know that that comes from the log spam option,
but the MS processes are still running thru the spam check subroutines
in MessageBatch.  Granted it's really not doing the checks, I was still
wondering why it just doesn't skip the spam/ham routines altogether and
go straight to virus checking when spam checks is off.

We had routing issues today and got dumped on when it came back up so
I've been staring at queues and logs all day.  I'd turned off the spam
checks to clear the queues faster and it just couldn't go fast enough
for me. ;-)