False Positives

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Wed Sep 3 21:21:50 IST 2003

At 03:54 PM 9/3/2003 -0400, Collins, Kevin wrote:
>I'm having trouble with MS + Spamassassin identifying mail as SPAM when it's
>not.  What's worse is that I'm getting mails identified that are on my
>whitelist.
>
>Is there anyway that I can prevent this from happening?

1) what versions of SA and MS are you running?

2) when you say the mails are "on my whitelist" what _exactly_ do you mean.
What specific config lines did you add, and to which product.

There's about 8 different ways to whitelist a message between spamassassin
and mailscanner, and not all of them work exactly as you might think. In
particular, SA's "whitelist_to" feature does not work for messages which
are BCC'ed or resent to someone. SA only gets to look at the message and is
not told what user is really getting the message, it can only get clues
from the message headers.