Training the bayesian engine and sa-learn

Chris Lyon cslyon at NETSVCS.COM
Wed Sep 3 20:33:59 IST 2003

So, I have been reading the FAQ and also the past posts but have a little
confusion that I need to resolve. Just to give a little back ground, I have
a lot of users who all have issues with e-mail that is being marked as spam
or not being marked as spam. So, I think the answer to this is to have them
forward the messages to an unattended mailbox that will autowhitelist or
autoblacklist the sender.  Is that what sa-learn is all about?

So, if I create a spam and non-spam account on server and use the sa-learn
to check the messages that my users forward to these accounts, if something
was marked as spam and is not, further messages will not be marked again?
Conversely, if I have a message that is spam but not marked, I can forward
that to spam and it will be marked as spam the next message that comes in
from that sender?

How does it work, based on content I would assume or does it work by the
domain? Also, what happens with stuff being forwarded from different mail
clients like outlook?

Can anybody shed some light on this one?