Mail Not Routing, stuck in /var/spool/mqueue.in

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Wed Sep 3 20:28:07 IST 2003

> Hi!
>
> > Can you confirm whether email had completely stopped, or whether
> > MailScanner just wasn't keeping up with the queue?
>
> On my box for example i had a queue of 1000 that would not
> run, it let it
> processing and it took 40 minutes to get them done. In the
> same time, by
> other box, same specs, took allmost 10.000 messages, without
> any problem.
>
> Bye,
> Raymond.

If those were messages in the outbound queue destined for local addresses,
I'd say that's definitely a problem outside the scope of MailScanner.  If
they're in the outbound queue destined for remote addresses, I'd say it's
still not related to MailScanner and it may not indicate a problem at all.

Of course, if you mean they were sitting in the incoming queue, then that's
probably MailScanner... :-)