It seems that viruses CAN slip through MailScanner under high load!

Joan Bryan joan.bryan at KCL.AC.UK
Wed Sep 3 15:26:21 IST 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 14:52:33 +0100 Julian Field
<mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:

> Please can you double and triple check that you have the correct version of
> SweepViruses.pm.
> Please
>          pwd

/usr/local/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner

>          ls -l SweepViruses.pm

-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root       68070 Aug 28 12:30 SweepViruses.pm

>          sum SweepViruses.pm

49919 133 SweepViruses.pm

I have just corrected a probable misconfiguration on my part in
MailScanner.conf in that the  number of Unscanned messages per scan was
higher than the Unsafe messages per scan. I've had no reported problems
since 3pm.

Thanks for your help.

Joan