Filename/filetype rulesets

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Sep 2 13:59:19 IST 2003

At 12:33 02/09/2003, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've been using MailScanner (4.22-4) with Exim (4.20)
>
>I'd like to congratulate Julian on an unbelievable product, that in my
>honest opinion beats most commercial
>products that cost ridiculous amounts of money.
>
>Anyway, what I'd like is an example on how to split the filename/filetype
>options into rulesets
>
>I have a specific client that wants to be able to receive all content
>types from a specific domain and just need
>an example to work with.

In MailScanner.conf, set
Filetype Rules = /etc/MailScanner/rules/filetype.rules
Filename Rules = /etc/MailScanner/rules/filename.rules

In filetype.rules put
From: domain.com /etc/MailScanner/filename.allowall.rules.conf
FromOrTo: default /etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf

In filename.rules put
From: domain.com /etc/MailScanner/filetype.allowall.rules.conf
FromOrTo: default /etc/MailScanner/filetype.rules.conf

In filename.allowall.rules.conf put (separated by tabs, not spaces)
allow   .       -       -

In filetype.allowall.rules.conf put (separated by tabs, not spaces)
allow   .       -       -

That should do the trick.

--
Julian Field