blocking an email based on it's IP

John Williams jwilliam at KCR.UKY.EDU
Mon Sep 1 16:59:07 IST 2003

At 04:45 PM 9/1/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>John Williams wrote:
> > Please forgive me if I've missed this post, but is there a way to
> > look at the IP address of incoming mail and filter/blacklist it based
> > on that?
>Add it to sendmails access database.  However, maybe you also have genuine
>email from that IP?   Best way to block sobig is to use sendmail subject
>matching, search the archives for a set of rules.

Thanks all!  I seen to forget about sendmail and it's capabilities.  I
usually just leave it alone and do most things from MailScanner.

I lost my mind when I came in this morning to over 1000 messages from that
one ip.  Sendmail is now filtering it.  I might allow it again if it
disappears from my mail logs.

John

--Statement of Confidentiality--
This message (and any attachment) is intended only for the recipient and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this message immediately.  Thank you.