Umlaut in languages.conf for German.

David dh at UPTIME.AT
Mon Sep 1 08:05:06 IST 2003

Hello all.

As I am not an total expert for Mail, I was wondering whether The Mail
Header is encoded in a special Charset as well?
When I send Mail through our gateway and donot correct languages.conf
to not contain Umlauts, the Message Header shows up mangled in my MUA
(it's Mail.app set to utf-8).

Umlauts in the Body are displayed just fine.

When I alter the Umlauts to their alternative spelling (as in ä=ae,
ö=oe, ü=ue) everythign shows up fine

-d

-- nee amata wo mitsukete soshite midoto wasrezu
    domma mi mumega itakutemo soba mi iru mo
			zutto...zutto...zutto