High Scoring Spam Actions

Mark Nienberg mark at TIPPINGMAR.COM
Fri Oct 31 22:25:32 GMT 2003

At the risk of not answering your question, I think it is better to let SpamAssassin do
the RBL checks instead of MailScanner or sendmail.  That way, if a legitimate sender
is mistakenly on a RBL, it only contributes a few points to the SpamAssassin score.
It won't be enough to reject the mail.  On the other hand, if spam comes in and the
sender is on one or more RBLs, then the SA scores will get kicked up a bit, possibly
enough to change it from spam to high-scoring spam.  In other words, RBLs are best
used as ONE criterion in determining the probability that a message is spam, not as
the ONLY criterion.

Mark

--
Mark W. Nienberg, SE