HTML Spam and other spam

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Fri Oct 31 16:33:49 GMT 2003

I use Bayes and DCC (instead of Razor) and they do an amazing job. They
both trigger on almost all spam and together with the Spamcop RBL which
is pretty aggressive they add 12 points. Bye bye spam.

There's a lot of talk about the trouble learning Bayes but some that
don't run Bayes might have missed that it learns itself anyway. Messages
with very low score are considered ham and messages with very high score
are considered spam. I don't use sa-learn and I still achieve amazing
results. As I said it tags almost every spam message and it's 99% sure
it's spam so that's a cool 5.4 points. It's a shame if people don't use
Bayes because they think it's high maintenance.

DCC is also really good and is easy to setup. Check the INSTALL file
that comes with SA (or on the web). The instructions are on four lines.

/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, MailScanner 4.23-11, SpamAssassin 2.60 + DCC
1.2.9, ClamAV 20030829