Reload Childs..

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Fri Oct 31 10:33:10 GMT 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:14:54 +0100, you wrote:

>* Mike Kercher <mike at CAMAROSS.NET> [2003-10-30 20:11]:
>> Isn't that what 'service MailScanner reload' accomplishes?
>
>I don't have a 'service MailScanner reload' command, I thought
>reloading the config is the best thing to do when receiving a 'HUP'.

I checked the startup script on my redhat system and 'service
MailScanner reload' just does a HUP (I know) on the PID of the parent (I
believe). So somehow the handling of HUP should be in MailScanner
already.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)