rejecting non existant users on the incoming queue.

ian douglas id at W98.US
Thu Oct 30 15:57:12 GMT 2003

> What I'm seeing is lots of email in the outgoing queue  (ie MS scanned
> email) retrying as the spam is for unknown local users which then
> bounces to an unknown 'from/reply-to' address. (currently around 5
> thousand after 48 hours of live running). Of course after 6 days exim
> will give up and I'll get shed load of delivery failures in my
> postmaster box, but there must be a better way.

Dunno about Exim, but sendmail has a DoubleBounceAddress configuration setting
that you can alias to point to /dev/null for double bounces like you describe.
Perhaps Exim has something similar?

-id