Testing MailScanner

Peter Russell prussell at MTELIZA.COM.AU
Wed Oct 29 23:31:03 GMT 2003

Seems like it was a VERY VERY silly person editing /etc/postfix/main.cf
when really i should have been editing /etc/post.in/main.cf - what can i
say i am new to this.

Now it accepts mail for delivery. But need to trace it through the process
and see where its going, make sure all spams get forwearded to my spma
account etc

THANKS very much for helping me out

Pete

                      Raymond
                      Dijkxhoorn               To:       MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
                      <raymond at PROLOCAT        cc:
                      ION.NET>                 Subject:  Re: Testing MailScanner
                      Sent by:
                      MailScanner
                      mailing list
                      <MAILSCANNER at JISC
                      MAIL.AC.UK>

                      30/10/2003 10:21
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      MailScanner
                      mailing list

Hi1

> Mail is being rejected/refused. I do netstat -a and it returns "tcp
> 0      0 localhost:smtp          *:*                     LISTEN "
>
> Postix access exists and has a line
> 10.1.   OK
>
> But still only can telnet to that machine from the local host, connection
> from another machine on same subnet recieves connection failed

Local firewalling ? (iptables/ipchains) ?

Bye,
Raymond.

you are not the addressee (or responsible for delivery of the message to
the addressee), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such
a case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by
reply e-mail. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message
that do not relate to the official business of my employer shall be