SpamAssassin SQL Support

Jim Flowers jflowers at EZO.NET
Thu Oct 23 21:11:21 IST 2003

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 15:13:50 +0600, Mojahedul Hoque Abul Hasanat
<mojahed at AGNI.COM> wrote:

>On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 12:31:59PM +0600, Mojahedul Hoque Abul Hasanat
>wrote:

>If SpamAssassin is run by MailScanner, per user customization (sql or
>whatever) can not be applied, at least not cleanly.  The problem is,
>when MailScanner sees the queue file, it still does not know what the
>actual recipient name will be.  Alias and virtuser expansion has not
>been done yet at that point.

I believe that this is not quite right.  When I stop MailScanner, the qf
files that accumulate in mqueue.in already have the target recipient
address as: rRFC822; username at target.domain.tld which can only come from
the virtusertable.

So, if an individual user is mapped by virtusertable AND is listed
in 'access' (which breaks up multi-recipient messages), I think there will
be a message with only that recipient listed in the queue file for
MailScanner to process on a per-user basis.

But now to try it out ...