HELP - lost messages

Rainer Anschober arm at SPAR.AT
Wed Oct 22 09:06:54 IST 2003

Hi,

since two month we use postfix and MailScanner with spamassassin and
trend micro as mail gateway. we don't have troubles with it.

But since last night, we received a lot of mails with no body. Many
mails are often in the inbox ( the incoming smtp id is always the same )
almost all without a body.

I stopped postfix for sending and receiving mails and restart
mailscanner again. the Mailscanner says, that there are 1106 Mail
waiting, but there are no entries in the logfile for a working
Mailscanner. It seems, that the mailscanner do nothing. That was at the
morning.

Now, it seems to work correctly. But what was/is this?

for mailgateway, i use an server with 2 CPU and 1 GB RAM. Squid and a
contentfilter is also running on it. The memory usage is almost 100 % (
top ).

Mailscanner was running with 5 daemons. Today morning i increase this to
10.

Thank you for your helps
Rainer