Integrating MailScanner, SpamAssasin and Exchange

Greg Boehnlein damin at NACS.NET
Wed Oct 22 03:38:13 IST 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Ugo Bellavance wrote:

> > Why not just forward all spam to public folder called spam.
> > Public folders
> > can have SMTP address so give it a address of spam at newco.com and have
> > MailScanner forward all spam to that address.
> >
> > -SKP
>
> I think that the goal is to allow users to manage their spam, having
> their own personal spam folder and only the spam they got.  I wouldn't
> like to be a user looking for a false positive in the spam folder of
> 1000 users...
>
> ... my opinion
> Ugo

Both are interesting options.. The first is a way to dump all spam into a
single folder so that a Sysadmin can at least wade through for false
positives.

As Ugo pointed out, however, it would be nice to give the control to
users. If that is indeed the case, can that be handled be the Mail Client?
Does Outlook or Outlook Express support filtering based on mail headers?

                             KP-216-121-ST