upgrade to perl 5.8.1, no go

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Tue Oct 21 17:06:17 IST 2003

Julian,

   Still no go.  The complaint was:

Starting MailScanner...
In Debugging mode, not forking...
unix dgram connect: Socket operation on non-socket at
/opt/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner/Log.pm line 133
no connection to syslog available at
/opt/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner/Log.pm line 133

The line number is one greater because I copied the eval line, commented
out the original, and removed the eval { ... }; on the copied line.

--- Jeff