Message Size Issue

Jorge Agrelo jagrelo at novadevices.com
Mon Oct 20 23:15:42 IST 2003

Hi people

I'm tring to apply some size restrictions according to the ruleset..

# The maximum size of any message including the headers. If this is set to zero,
# then no size checking is done.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset, so you can have
# different settings for different users. You might want to set this quite small for
# dialup users so their email applications don't time out downloading huge messages
Maximun Message Size = 0

In that sense I added a ruleset in this line as follow:

MaximumMessageSize=/etc/MailScanner/rules/sizes.rules

# this is the file I created to put the size rules
From:jagrelo at novadevices.com2

I guess 2 means 2 bytes???, The mail was sent and appear a text in the subject that
said {DANGEROUS}, I want to chance the default action for bounce, nor deliver, How
Can do that?, What is the correct sintaxis for this ruleset?

Regards