Custom Function Problem/Work Around

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Fri Oct 17 16:46:38 IST 2003

Hi Kyle,

I mean which version of perl-DBD-MySQL.

It does make a difference - if you use the latest version of the DBD and
create the connection in the 'Init' function you get the error 'MySQL server
has gone away' returned.

Regards,
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Harris <lists at TRCINTL.COM>
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Fri Oct 17 16:43:01 2003
Subject: Re: Custom Function Problem/Work Around

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:40:20 +0100, Steve Freegard
<steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK> wrote:

>Kyle,
>
>Which version of DBI-MySQL are you using??

I'm not sure, but I think you are asking what version of perl-DBI I have
and it is 1.21-1.  However, if that were the problem, one would think it
would still not work correctly by simply moving the connection from the
Init code (where the docs suggest to put it) to the main function.  After
all, when that change is made, things work correctly and I still have the
same version.

>I've had wierd things happen with MailWatch when using the latest version
of
>DBD (2.9002), I've found the best version to use is 2.1028.
>
>If you want an example of MySQL connections from MailScanner CustomConfig
>mechanism then I suggest you have a look at the MailWatch.pm file that I
>supply with MailWatch.

Thanks much.  I will certaily have a look at this.  So far, as long as I
connect within the main routine, all seems to work weel.