Help with RFC Format MS 4.25-5 : More

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Thu Oct 16 17:36:49 IST 2003

Hello,

I'd guess that Symantec doesn't like the '.' in the MailScanner headers.

X-greyhair.net-MailScanner-Information
X-greyhair.net-MailScanner
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Try changing these to X-Greyhair-Net-MailScanner... and see if that cures
your problem.

Kind regards,
Steve.

--
Steve Freegard
Systems Manager
Littlehampton Book Services Ltd.

-----Original Message-----
From: greyhair [mailto:greyhair at GREYHAIR.NET]
Sent: 16 October 2003 16:29
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Help with RFC Format MS 4.25-5 : More

Hi.
There is a difference, but I do not know the implication:
there are some ?, ?? and x? missing....

the ***.***.***.*** replaces all IP addresses
the **@***.com replaces email addresses

output with mailscanner is first
and sendmail only output is next.

Mailscanner:

V4
T1066320612
K0
N0
P30409
I3/7/16489
Fb
$_[***.***.***.***]
$rESMTP
$sgreyhair.net
${daemon_flags}
${if_addr}***.***.***.***
S<greyhair at greyhair.net>
RPFD:<**@***.com>
H?P?Return-Path: <g>
HReceived: from greyhair.net ([***.***.***.***])
by mail.greyhair.net (8.11.6/2002.11.21) with ESMTP id h9GGACS10867
for <**@***.com>; Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:10:12 -0500
HFull-Name: Mr. Greyhair
HMessage-ID: <3F8EC2E3.5040307 at greyhair.net>
HDate: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:10:11 -0500
HFrom: greyhair <greyhair at greyhair.net>
HUser-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5b)
Gecko/20030901 Thunderbird/0.2
HX-Accept-Language: en-us, en
HMIME-Version: 1.0
HTo: **@***.com
HSubject: test
HContent-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
HContent-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
HX-greyhair.net-MailScanner-Information: Please contact the ISP for more
information
HX-greyhair.net-MailScanner: Found to be clean
.

Non-Mailscanner (sendmail):

V4
T1066320771
K0
N0
P30407
I3/7/16489
Fb
$_[***.***.***.***]
$rESMTP
$sgreyhair.net
${daemon_flags}
${if_addr}***.***.***.***
S<greyhair at greyhair.net>
RPFD:<**@***.com>
H?P?Return-Path: <g>
H??Received: from greyhair.net ([***.***.***.***])
by mail.greyhair.net (8.11.6/2002.11.21) with ESMTP id h9GGCpR11196
for <**@***.com>; Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:12:51 -0500
H?x?Full-Name: Mr. Greyhair
H??Message-ID: <3F8EC382.40307 at greyhair.net>
H??Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:12:50 -0500

Spicer, Kevin wrote:

>greyhair wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>Thanks for your quick reply.  How do I run mailscanner in queue only
>>mode?  I'll do that if you tell me how.
>>greyhair
>>

>Delivery Method = queue
>

>Make sure you stop the outgoing sendmail just in case it trys to deliver
them from the queue before you grab them.

>BMRB International
>http://www.bmrb.co.uk
>+44 (0)20 8566 5000
>This message (and any attachment) is intended only for the
>recipient and may contain confidential and/or privileged
>material.  If you have received this in error, please contact the
>sender and delete this message immediately.  Disclosure, copying
>or other action taken in respect of this email or in
>reliance on it is prohibited.  BMRB International Limited
>accepts no liability in relation to any personal emails, or
>content of any email which does not directly relate to our
>business.

the sender and delete the message from your mailbox.

MailScanner (www.mailscanner.info) for the presence of computer viruses.