Local DCC 'server' and MS?

Lindsay Snider lindsay at pa.net
Thu Oct 16 00:13:45 IST 2003

On Wednesday 15 October 2003 18:21, Kevin Spicer wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 23:18, Lindsay Snider wrote:
> >After reading the plea on the spamassassin news site, I thought we
> >should
> >consider setting up dccd.  Does the peering seem to work pretty well?
> >Any
> >idea how much bandwidth it consumes?  At some # of message / time unit,
> >imagine it saves bandwidth to be a peer rather then query others.
>
> From my earlier post....
>

> The 100,000 mail messages/day threshold is implied by the fact that each
> DCC client-server operation involves about 100 bytes and a flood of
> checksums between servers is significantly more than 10,000,000
> bytes/day.

Yeah, sorry I missed this message.  I was in the middle of the thread in my
email client and although I thought I had read all of the messages, this
thread started later.  I think this is the second time this has caught me on
this list now.

10M/day, very nice.  I was worried it would be much higher.