Local DCC 'server' and MS?

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Wed Oct 15 17:00:31 IST 2003

Ken Anderson <ka at PACIFIC.NET> wrote:

>If you get a lot of spam (as we do), you'll eventually get an email from
>Vernon @ ryholite software asking you to stop hammering the public
>servers and run your own! ;-).
>
>One note of caution. It's a memory hog(currently 264012 KB), but stable.

Good grief! I'm inclined to run dccd, and I would do so on each of our
mail filtering machines, but that memory profile means we'd need to
upgrade... How much spam is "a lot"? tens of thousands per day? hundreds
of thousands? millions? (We're near 100,000 per day.)

Tony.
FISHER: EAST OR NORTHEAST 3 OR 4, BECOMING VARIABLE 3 OR LESS. FAIR. GOOD.