Vexira with MS?

Nathan Johanson nathan at TCPNETWORKS.NET
Wed Oct 15 15:20:21 IST 2003

Just a hint the eTrust is around $125 for five machines (doesn't matter
how many users). McAfee ViruScan for Unix is also a good possibility
(although you should re-confirm with them that it is licensed per
machine). It also looks like Kaspersky is still licensed per server (at
$370.00/year).

I'll be interested to see what's happening with Vexira.

Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Candelario [mailto:l_candelario at CRC.UPR.CLU.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 7:44 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Vexira with MS?

Hi all,

I've been following the Virus Scanner Review, since I'd already done
tests
last year with Red Hat Linux, Sendmail, MailScanner and F-Prot, and Open
Webmail for web access, and our campus finally decided to provide mail
service for our students.  But when checking again costs for an
antivirus
it's obvious that the companies are seeing that using Linux for mail
servers
is really catching on, and now instead of a free or low-cost solution,
I'm
caught with high costs for an  antivirus (we plan on providing service
some 4,000 students, and so far the costs per mailbox are prohibitive).

Checking around, I saw Vexira
(http://www.centralcommand.com/vexira_maiarmor_linux.html)
which offers a Per Domain License of $199 for up to 6,000 mailboxes for
Mail Server, and also offers a File Server/Samba product for $349.95
(http://www.centralcommand.com/linux_server.html).

Has anyone had any experience with this antivirus?  Seems to be good,
but
don't know anyone who can give me any insight on whether it's really
that
good. Any chance that it may later be included with those that work with
MailScanner?

Any info/comment/suggestion will be appreciated.

TIA,
Larry