solution: MailScanner and TrendMicro VirusWall

Matt Kehler mkehler at WRHA.MB.CA
Wed Oct 15 04:57:51 IST 2003

First of all, thanks Julien for your post earlier.  I 'fixed' my solution a different way than suggested  Its not the same as the Trend changes already on the FAQ, as this way you keep your full blown VirusWall install, and don't really change anything other than how VirusWall calls sendmail.

environment: Redhat Linux 7.3 with sendmail, Trend Micro VirusWall and eManager (intalled and working).

To install MailScanner (and SpamAssassin), simply install both as per normal installation instructions. (all I did was grab both via CPAN and change a few entries in the config(s).

Then, go to your Trend VirusWall web-based configuration page, and uder CONFIGURATION, (EMAIL), change your LOCAL SERVER/ COMMAND MODE entry from '/usr/lib/sendmail -bs'  TO the following

" /usr/lib/sendmail -bs -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn -ODeliveryMode=queueonly -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in & /usr/lib/sendmail -q15m ".

Ensuring, of course, the path is correct for your system.

And thats it!  Change the one line that Viruswall uses to call sendmail and have yourself a nice diet dr pepper.  The cool thing is that the VirusWall install (which is a piece of cake in itself) does all the work for you...all you end up doing is changing the one (above) line.

Matt

ps as to my previous post, the reason it didn't work was the lack of 'sendmail -q15m'...