OT Routing problem MS sendmail and exchange {Scanned by HJMS}

Carl Boberg carl.boberg at NRM.SE
Tue Oct 14 15:34:30 IST 2003

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. Just to clarify some:

Mailscanner servr has 10 MX (mailgateway)

Sendmail server  no MX (pop/IMAP)
Exchange server  no MX

Exhange recives all mail comming in from the MailScanner and if the
user at domain.com does not resolve it will forward it to the Sendmail server.
As it will with all email it cant resolve.
When a user on the Sendmail server want to email a user on the Exchange
server the Sednmail just says 550 user unknown.

Maintaining the alias file on the Sendmail can work but then I will have to
add aliases there for every new user I get on the Exchange (users that are
totally new) and change it for users i migrate.
This is a bit too much administation from my point of view and also it has
the potential of getting really messy. Who is where and what aliases and so
forth...
We are understaffed and under funded so an email admin is not really
possible :-(

Any more suggestions are very welcome.

Best regards
--------------------------------