I: Using MailScanner with Postfix

Tue Oct 14 14:13:18 IST 2003

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 1:50 pm, Erik Jakobsen wrote:

> Would be nice to have known under what circumstances MailScanner and
> Postfix doesn't cooporate.
>
> Just having been told "doesn't work" make no sense.

I seem to recall that the main problems lie with trying to run different MTA
queues across different file systems, because the author of Postfix decided
to use a somewhat strange file system-dependent queue file naming mechanism,
which means that queue files on different fs's on the same machine are not
guaranteed to be unique....

I don't know if this also means that moving a queue file from one fs to
another can render it non-functional because its name is no longer valid,
however I wouldn't be too surprised...

Having said that, I don't use Postfix myself - maybe some of the Postfix
users on this list could contribute their experiences of what works & what
doesn't, things which catch out the unwary, or tricks to make the whole thing
go smoothly?   Could even turn into a FAQ :)

Regards,

Antony.

--

Anything that improbable is effectively impossible.

 - Murray Gell-Mann, Nobel Prizewinner in Physics