Performance question

Hirsh, Joshua joshua.hirsh at PARTNERSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Oct 8 19:55:07 IST 2003

Hi Alan,

 You might want to look into upgrading your kernel. There's been a few
performance related bugs weeded out between 2.4.7-10 and 2.4.20-20.7 (which
is the newest Red Hat 7.1 kernel released).

 Other than that, I would definitely switch your drives over to SCSI if you
plan on handling a large load of mail. I've completely destroyed too many
drives to know better by now ;)

 But, I can't say for sure if either of these are the direct cause of your
problem.

 Cheers,

 -Joshua