SQL Logging After the Fact {Scanned by HJMS}

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Tue Oct 7 19:18:46 IST 2003

Chris,

Just a thought - I've haven't used it (yet!) - but would MySQL replication
do what you want???

Alternativly - you should be able to easily achieve this manually by using
mysqldump with a couple of switches to dump the data during the timestamp
ranges the main server was unavailable then run sed over the resultant file
to change the 'INSERT INTO' lines into 'REPLACE INTO' and away you go.

Kind regards,
Steve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Trudeau
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Sent: 10/7/03 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: SQL Logging  After the Fact {Scanned by HJMS}

Trever...

Looked through the archives and through my MailScanner folder and can't
seem
to find the CustomerConfig.pm you refer to....could you re-post it at
your
convenience?

Thanks!

In addition, I agree that both machines logging to a central db makes
sense,
unfortunately, I only have two sites.  So if a pipe goes down, I have
the
same problem...I think your suggestion is a good one though.  I could
log to
a single database AND add the logging function for each mailscanner
instance...that would alleviate the risk associated with logging to a
single
db.

allowing recovery/playback of logfiles...Seems to me as long as the
replay
into the database validates timestamp/messageID comparisons and doesn't
allow duplicate entries the process of recovery could be pretty easy.

CT