4.24-5

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Mon Oct 6 22:07:18 IST 2003

> Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions wrote:
> > Erik
>
> Hi Michelle.
>
> > If you are running RedHat download and install:
> >
> http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/rpm/MailScanner-4.2
> > 4-5.rp
> > m.tar.gz
>
> Ok.
>
> > You probably could get away with running:
> > Rpm -Uvh mailscanner-4.24-5.noarch.rpm
> >
> > But running the install.sh is probably safer imho
>
> That means, that I have to uninstall the running version ?.

No.

> I had the idea, the the upgrade file could do an upgrade, but
> understand, that I'm wrong in that.

The 'upgrade' file is for the configuration ie. It reads in your current
configuration settings and compares them to the new file (with new features
etc) and writes the changes in for you - so much easier than having to do it
manually

> Thanks for your reply.

I'm happy to be able to help somebody for once :-)

reliance to it is prohibited.