readqf: cannot open ./d* (including last MailScanner)

Ramon ramon at LINUX-LABS.NET
Mon Oct 6 20:43:33 IST 2003

El lun, 06-10-2003 a las 21:32, Ramon escribió:
> >I have just disable the sendmail -q cron and am waiting for MS to
> > >process the mqueue, if the messages get delivered we've got it.
> >
> > It doesn't attempt to run the whole queue, it just does a delivery attempt
> > on each of the messages it has just placed in the outgoing queue. You still
> > need something like
> >          sendmail -q15m
> > in order to regularly run your queue. But you never need a cron job as
> > well, that's just repeating what the "sendmail -q15m" does anyway.
>
> OK, it's better to do sendmail -q10m than the cron job but, how can I
> detect which sendmail is having problems processing the queue and
> failing with "SYSERR(root): readqf: cannot open ./d*" every time?.

>It can be the queue runner (or the cron job) or the sendmail run by MS
> in the delivery attempts. There's no other sendmail process working in
> /var/spool/mqueue, the other is configured in QueueOnly to
> /var/spool/mqueue.in

With a sendmail queue runner now I have a unique PID for the sm daemon
that process the queue, I just have seen that this process is not the
one failing with the errors, so It only can be the sendmail run by
MailScanner.

Anyway, I'm still getting tons of readqf errors :-(