Spam Assassin timing out --help

Keith Fernandez keith at theargoncompany.com
Mon Oct 6 12:21:22 IST 2003

Hi,
Today I had a lot of problem with MailScanner and Spam Assassin.
My load average went up and there were a lot of mails in the queue.
Although it showed that MailScanner was running it wasnt logging anything...
I restarted MailScanner and it started working, However the RBL checks
performed by Spam Assassin were timing out.

Now I tried to disable RBL checks from MailScanner, with no effect.
In my spam.assassin.prefs.conf I have skip_rbl_checks 1
However I still get the SpamAssassin timeouts and my load average is going up.
Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong.

I have MailScanner mailscanner-4.14-9
And Spam-Assassin-2.55

------------
Oct  6 16:40:42 neo MailScanner[17681]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed,
consecutive failure 1 of 3
Oct  6 16:40:54 neo MailScanner[17514]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed,
consecutive failure 1 of 3
Oct  6 16:40:55 neo MailScanner[17566]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed,
consecutive failure 1 of 3
Oct  6 16:41:09 neo MailScanner[17599]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed,
consecutive failure 1 of 3
Oct  6 16:41:13 neo MailScanner[17566]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed,
consecutive failure 2 of 3
Oct  6 16:41:52 neo MailScanner[17599]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed,
consecutive failure 1 of 3
Oct  6 16:41:53 neo MailScanner[17632]: SpamAssassin timed out and was killed,
consecutive failure 1 of 3

My RBL list was before I removed it
Infinite-Monkeys
ORDB-RBL

Regards,
Keith

--
“I asked for strength and God gave me difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom... and God gave me problems to solve.