RBL suggestions - please.

Stephe Campbell campbell at CNPAPERS.COM
Fri Oct 3 16:57:57 IST 2003

I realize this has been beat to death since the recent closure of a couple
of RBLs, but here's one more request for suggestions.

I do not do RBL checks in MS(4.22-5), but do try to use them in SA(2.55).
Ever since the loss of Infinite-Monkeys, when ever I turn off
(#skip_rbl_checks 1) in my spam.assassin.prefs.conf file, mail backs up in
mqueue.in to rediculous levels. I am not seeming any timeouts in my logs.

 I have the recommended tests zeroed out as below

score RCVD_IN_OSIRUSOFT_COM 0
score X_OSIRU_DUL 0
score X_OSIRU_DUL_FH 0
score X_OSIRU_OPEN_RELAY 0
score X_OSIRU_SPAMWARE_SITE 0
score X_OSIRU_SPAM_SRC 0

and I didn't see any test specific to Infinite-Monkeys.

Can anyone make a suggestion on what is required now to do efficient checks
in SA?

Thanks much...

Steve Campbell
campbell at cnpapers.com