Diagram of Mail Flow

David Lee t.d.lee at DURHAM.AC.UK
Thu Oct 2 10:12:11 IST 2003

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Jason Burzenski wrote:

> The latest version of the MailScanner Process Overview diagram (visio and
> jpg format) is available at the following URL courtesy of Fortress Systems
> LTD.
>
> http://www.fsl.com/MS-process.htm
>
> Julian has also been kind enough to link to this diagram from the
> MailScanner Features and Description Page
> (http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/readme.shtml).
>
> I would like to thank everyone who provided feedback on the first few drafts
> of this document.  If anyone has any recommendations for improvement, please
> forward them to me or post them to the list.

A most useful contribution.  Thanks.

Would it be possible to make a "printer-friendly" version of the diagram
in a common graphics format (png, gif, jpg, ...)?  It would omit the HTML
navigation panel, etc.

Two possibilities (there may be more):
1. A link to the png, gif, jpg, ...

2. Given that you use "css", then some sort of additional "media=print"
   capability, to suppress the unnecessary-for-print features.

I was able to fudge it by examining the source URL and typing in the name
of the unearthed "jpg" file, but this procedure is clearly sub-optimal(!)
and also doesn't include any "source attribution" and copyright
information that you might wish to see retained on such a page.

Could you also indicate somehow, somewhere, what use other sites might
legitimately make of it?  For instance, it would make a useful insert for
documentation within a Systems Support department, if your copyright would
permit it.

Hope that helps.  Thanks again.