Inline SPAM warnings {Scanned by HJMS}

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Wed Oct 1 23:01:19 IST 2003

AFAIK that's the way outlook works - attachments aren't displayed inline
unless they're pictures.  And that's also the way I *wish* mozilla worked -
the whole point of "attaching" a message (well, unless you're unpacking
rfc822 attachments for sa-learn) is to PREVENT the client from displaying
the attachment.

When you display the spam attachment inline (as mozilla does), you're
vulnerable to all the same problems that you are if you just deliver it
untouched - images that identify your email address as a valid one and other
security exploits that enable *really* bad things.

Users complain - it's their nature.  Cook a few of them up for the next
company barbeque as a lesson to the rest. ;^)

(Um, that *was* a joke, in case anyone from my company is reading and
humor-impaired.)