SpamAssassin Config files {Scanned by HJMS}

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Wed Oct 1 19:34:18 IST 2003

> There are still many options in the MS.conf file and I do not
> know if they
> override the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file or if the sa config file
> overrides the items in the MS.conf file.

What are you refering to by "MS.conf" file?  If you mean MailScanner.conf,
those values apply to MailScanner, not to SA.  And I'm not sure how they
would "override" the settings in spam.assassin.prefs.conf since there are no
attribute names in common.  If you want to customize the behavior of SA as
it is used by MS, then the settings you would normally put into a
SA-specific file should be put into spam.assassin.prefs.conf.

> Also does anyone know about the user specific preferences?

You mean like a per-user bayes database?  I think you would have to jump
through lots of hoops to make that happen but others have asked the same
question so perhaps someone else will describe what they're doing...