SpamAssassin Config files {Scanned by HJMS}

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Wed Oct 1 17:06:44 IST 2003

When spamassassin is used by mailscanner, the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file
in the MailScanner configuration directory is what matters.  When you, for
example, spamassassin -D --lint on the command line different files get
used.  I would suggest (assuming a typical sendmail install and MailScanner
config under /etc/MailScanner) that you do the following:

mv /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf \
   /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf-dist
ln -s /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf \
   /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

That way when you run sa from the command-line, the mailscanner prefs file
will still get used.

-t.