SpamAssassin Config files

Jim Dickenson dickenson at CFMC.COM
Wed Oct 1 16:57:25 IST 2003

I am totally confused as to where the various config files for SA are
located when using MS.

In /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf there are various options that seem to
set some SA options. Additionally there are these lines that point to config
files as well.

SpamAssassin Prefs File = %etc-dir%/spam.assassin.prefs.conf

SpamAssassin User State Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin

When I was running SA via procmail there were various files in
/etc/mail/spamassassin, for system-wide options, and then in
/var/lib/spamassassin there were directories in the form of <username>.prefs
that had user_prefs as well as other stuff that were specific to a given
user.

I have searched the mail list archive but got more confused.

Can someone please explain, or point me to an explanation, about how SA gets
configured when run via MS?

TIA,
--
Jim Dickenson